Distractions caused due to a phone call or a text message while you are driving can be fatal. Turning On the driving mode on the iPhone can be a beneficial thing for you in this case. But what if you get a very important call and you are driving with your driving mode turn on? You will definitely miss the call and will only see a notification when you have a look at your phone.
Although we are not advising you to ignore the great advantages of this feature. But at the same time, we are giving you the option to choose for urself.
How to turn off driving mode on iPhone?
First, let’s take a look at what exactly is the iPhone’s Do Not Disturb or Driving mode feature. When your cellphone is connected to your cars Bluetooth then this feature automatically gets activated. Being activated your phone will automatically be on silent mode. And your screen won’t light up and stay dark if any call or messages are received on your phone.
Furthermore, if someone messages you while your driving mode is activated then they will receive an automatic reply that you are driving. And if it is very important that they can type “Urjent” and then you will receive a notification of an important message. You can stop driving and read the important message or ask Siri to read it for you.
You can also modify the settings. Like in case someone calls you twice in a row then you can allow receiving a notification on the second call. And you can also allow calls from the list of your favourite contacts. You can receive the call by using your car’s speakers con
One thing to note in the driving mode is that if you have set any alarms, alerts or timers then you will notification from them. The driving mode doesn’t hide those notifications. And if your a passenger and are not driving then you can tap on “I’m not driving” to turn the feature off and use your phone.
Now, if you want to turn off this driving mode you can simply follow the steps below to do so.
Turn Driving mode on/off on iPhone
- Click on “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Scroll down to “Control Centre” and click on it.
- Choose “Customise Controls”.
- If your “Do not disturb while driving” mode is activated and you to deactivate it then click on the (-) minus icon next to it.
- If in case it is disabled and you want to activate it then click on the (+) plus sign next to “Do not disturb while driving” under more controls and click on it. It will appear under includes.
How to customise do not disturb feature while driving?
- Go to “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and click on “Do not disturb”.
- Scroll down to “Do not disturb while driving” and click on “Activate”.
- You have three options there. First one is “automatically”, which means that whenever you are in a moving vehicle the do not disturb mode will be activated. The other one is “when connected to car Bluetooth”. Activating this one will enable the do not disturb mode only when your phone is connected to your cars Bluetooth. And the last option is to turn it on “manually”. Enabling this option will let you manually activate the feature by going to settings, control centred customise controls and activate the feature.
- Another feature you can customise is the “Auto
–Reply”. Tap on “Auto reply To” and choose from the options such as “Favourites” to allow notifications from the contacts from favourites.
- You can also edit the “Auto- reply” text according to what you want the sender to know.
We hope you found this article useful on how to turn off/on driving mode on the iPhone. You can decide on your own if you want to turn it off or on or customize its settings for your needs. If you have any queries or suggestions related to this topic you can let us know in the comment section below. You can also subscribe to our newsletter to stay updated on our latest posts.