Wondering how to remove your YouTube profile picture?
It is super simple and quick. You just need to follow the right steps!
In this article, we will walk you through a detailed step by step tutorial on how to change your profile picture on YouTube.
Which is also commonly known as your “Channel Icon” or “YouTube avatar”.
Your YouTube channel icon is the first thing users will notice about you. It defines your Channel and appears just next to your Channel name.
And we can never be certain about one picture for it. Our choices change with time and so does our pictures.
So knowing how to change YouTube profile picture can come in handy anytime.
If you comment on any videos even then it appears next to your comment. Now if you are fed up with your old “Channel Icon” or simply don’t want your “Profile Picture” to be there, this post is just right for you.
Here in this tutorial, we are going to see how you can delete a
But before that, I have an extra tip for you. We come across a lot of users who post inappropriate comments on our videos or continuously drop messages. Here is a quick guide on “How to Block Someone on Youtube“.
And if you have kids at home and want to block some specific channels we have the right solution for that too. This can also be useful to get rid of suggestions of channels you don’t want to see anymore. So check out our guide on “How to Block YouTube Channels and Videos“.
How to Remove Your YouTube Profile Picture?
But first, let’s get an idea about the fact that your YouTube links to your Google account.
When you create a YouTube channel, it automatically linked to your google account in the signup process.
Therefore, the default YouTube profile picture will be the one you used for the Google account.
Now by changing the profile picture for your Google account, you will be automatically changing the profile picture for YouTube as both of these are linked.
Pretty simple, right! Let’s see how it is done now.
Follow the Steps to Delete YouTube Profile Picture on Computer
1. Sign In to your YouTube Account
- Go to your browser and open YouTube.
- Click on “Sign In”.
- Choose the email address/phone number associated with your YouTube account. Click on “Next”.
- Enter the password and click on “Next”.
2. Open your Channel of YouTube Account
In case you haven’t already chosen any image for your profile picture either for your YouTube account or for your linked google account, then the image that will be set as default will be the initial letter of the username of the account.
- Click on your YouTube Channel Icon located on the top right corner of the YouTube Home Page.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Click on “Settings” represented by a gear icon.
3. Edit Account Settings
- Click on “Account” under the Settings window.
- Click on “Edit on Google” right next to your YouTube Channel Icon. It will redirect you to the Google About me page.
4. Delete Youtube Profile Picture
- Click on the profile picture icon located above the account name. A “Pick a photo” window will appear.
- Choose “No Photo” if you don’t want any photo to be displayed as your YouTube icon or profile picture on YouTube. In this case after choosing no photo, a default picture displaying the initial letter of your account name will be displayed as your profile picture.
5. Change your YouTube profile picture
- If you want to choose another photo from your computer then click on “Upload photo” or you can also choose one from the picture library.
- After clicking on “Upload photo” a new window will appear, and you can choose a picture from your computer and then click on “choose” to confirm the upload.
- Click “Done” from the upper right corner of the “Pick a Photo” screen.
With these steps, you can easily change the YouTube picture. Or also remove profile picture from a YouTube account.
But most of us now use
How to Delete or Change Profile Picture on YouTube for SmartPhone Users
1. Open YouTube from Mobile
- Open your web browser and open www.youtube.com.
- You can also open the YouTube
app if you have it downloaded on your mobile phone. You can also download it from Google Play.
2. Sign in to your YouTube Account.
- If you are already signed in then skip this step and move to step 3. And if you have not signed in to your YouTube account then click on the circular icon on the upper right corner of the Home screen. Click on the profile icon to sign in.
- Choose the account you want to sign in with or “add account” to use another account. You are prompt to enter your email id and password and continue.
- After the sign-in process is completed, your YouTube profile picture display in the upper right corner of the Home screen.
3. Open “Your channel”.
- Click on your YouTube profile picture or channel icon located on the upper-right corner of the Home screen.
- Choose “Your Channel”, from the drop-down menu. A new window will pop up.
4. Go to “Channel Settings”
- Right-click on “Settings” which is next to the channel name gear icon (⚙️).
- Click on that gear icon.
5. Choose “Find out More”
- Click on “Find out more”. It will be located on the bottom of the Channel Settings page.
- A “Support” Page will open.
6. Change or delete your Profile Picture
- Click on “Change your profile picture”. It automatically directed you to “Google About me” page.
- Tap on your profile picture icon.
- A “Pick a photo” window will appear.
- Now if you want to delete profile picture then click on “No photo”. In a few seconds, your profile picture displayed as the initial letter of your account.
- If you want to change your profile picture then either choose one from the picture library of the account or click on “Upload Photo”.
- You can choose any one of the three options from the list. 1. Take Photo or Video. 2. Photo Library. 3. Browse.
- Click “Done” to confirm the changes. A note displaying “Profile picture has been updated.” It take some time for changes to appear everywhere” will pop up at the bottom of the screen. Click on “GOT IT”.
In this tutorial, we covered all the steps on “How to Remove YouTube profile picture”. And this includes a complete guide for both computer and smartphone users.
Additionally, we have included steps to on “How to Change YouTube Profile Picture” in this article. So if in case you don’t just want to remove your old picture but have a new one instead of it, you can do that too.
We hope you found this article useful!
You can write back to us in the comment section below if you have any queries. And we would also appreciate your feedback.
Do not forget to let us now if you changed your YouTube profile picture.