Are you tired of websites tracking you across the web and changing your user experience?
Or are you just looking for a solution towards a better web experience?
The reasons can be many similar to the above, but the solution is a simple one.
Yes, you heard that right.
Just by deleting cookies on your iPhone you can tackle these issues.
Now you must be wondering, “Is it easy to clear cookies on my iPhone?”
Is it much easier and simpler than you think.
After you have finished reading our short yet informative and effective tutorial on “How to Remove Cookies on iPhone?” you be a pro at dealing with cookies on your iPhone.
But before that let me shed some light on “What are cookies?”. Because it is always good to get the basics right first.
Cookies are small pieces of data that are placed on your phone by different websites you visit when you browse the internet.
Though cookies can enhance your experience, it also has some downsides.
Cookies also track your habits and retain information about your last browsing sessions.
Clearing or blocking cookies on your iPhone can free a lot of space and can give you a fresh start.
With time, a lot of cookies get accumulated by browsing and can take up a lot of useful space on your phone.
That can make it slow too!
So it is a good idea to Clear cookies on your phone from time to time.
Talking about clearing space on your iPhone, if you are looking for more tips related to this go ahead and check out “How to Free up Storage on iPhone?”
You can thank me later for this!
How to Remove Cookies on iPhone
Now let me be honest with you here.
There are both advantages and disadvantages of removing cookies on your device.
So before you head straight to removing the cookies on your iPhone, it is important to know both sides of the deal.
So that you make an informed decision.
Advantages of clearing cookies.
- You get more privacy by deleting cookies and your information that is stored on various websites as well.
- Companies will not be able to target ads while you are browsing.
- You will get more space.
- Clearing cookies counts to be a good habit to restrain websites from spying on your personal information.
Disadavantages of clearing cookies.
- You will have to enter your username and password again to websites you want to login.
- Not having your information means that websites cannot offer you personalized content that you may like.
- Your web browsing history will be lost.
Should I delete cookies on my iPhone?
I am sure you must be wondering that should you really remove cookies on your iPhone or not?
My suggestion will be, it depends completely on you.
Every person has different preferences and requirements.
If you want to claim the advantages you should delete your cookies. But if you do not want your browsing experience to change, you should leave it.
Overview of the article.
Here is an overview of the topics we will cover in this article.
- How to clear cookies in Safari on your iPhone?
- How to clear cookies and browsing history on your iPhone?
- Steps to Block cookies?
- How to remove cookies from the Chrome browser?
- Additional tips.
So, let’s get started!
1. How to Clear Cookies in Safari on Your iPhone?
This method is a step by step guide to clear cookies in safari on your iPhone without removing your browser history.
In this step, you can learn how to delete cookies for a specific website on your phone. Or you can choose to delete all the cookies at once.
Deleting all the cookies will log you out of all the websites you have enabled “Log me in automatically’ as all your data will be removed.
Follow the steps below to clear cookies in Safari on your iPhone.
- Go to “Settings” of your iPhone.
- Choose “Safari” by scrolling down the settings menu.
- Scroll down to the last option and click on “Advanced“.
- Choose “Website Data” from the top.
- A complete list of all the website data appears along with the amount of MB stored by each.
- To clear all the website data at once click on “Remove all Website Data“.
- Confirm by clicking on “Remove now“.
- For deleting individual sites, swipe left on the website you want to delete and then click on the “Delete” icon that appears along with it.
- If you are looking for deleting any specific website data then use the “search bar” on top of the screen to find the website and then remove it.
Note. This step will only delete the cookies on safari and not the browser history.
2. How to Clear Cookies and Browsing History on Your iPhone?
Now in case if you want to clear both your cookies and browsing history altogether, you can follow this method.
Follow the steps to clear history and website data with one click.
So lets see how to do it.
- Go to the “Settings” app on the iPhone and click on it.
- Scroll down and click on the “Safari” option from settings.
- Click on “Clear History and Website Data” from the bottom.
- A small window at the bottom will appear to confirm your changes. Click on “Clear History and Data“.
- This step will delete all the web browsing history and website data or cookies stored on your iPhone.
That was easy right!
Note. Now if just removing the cookies on your iPhone is not enough for you, you can head on to the next step. The next step is a guide to block cookies on your iPhone.
3. How to Block Cookies?
Blocking cookies can lead to some web pages not loading.
As some webpages require you to enable cookies, therefore if you have blocked the cookies you might not be able to visit the particular website.
It can also show you warning’s that browser cookies are off and you need to turn them on.
Another issue can be that you won’t be able to sign in with your correct username and password to a website because of the cookies being blocked.
Therefore, we don’t suggest you turn off blocking cookies for all websites.
If you still want to block cookies for some reason then follow the steps below.
You can also turn it back off anytime following the same steps.
Follow the steps to Block Cookies.
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Go to “Safari” Settings from the settings menu.
- When the Safari settings open then click on “Block all Cookies“.
- It will turn green and thus indicating that it is turned on.
- You can turn it off anytime by following the same steps.
So that was all about clearing cookies, website browsing history and blocking cookies.
But it is not all.
Continue reading to benefit from some really great tips for you before you head to the conclusion.
4. How to Remove Cookies from Chrome Browser
There are other alternatives to Safari browser such as Chrome.
So in case if you are looking for a method to clear cookies from a browser other than Safari, check out the steps below.
Follow the steps to delete cookies from Chrome.
- Open the “Google Chrome App” by clicking on its icon on your iPhone.
- On the bottom right corner of the screen, you will find “More” with three horizontal dots above it. Click on it.
- Choose “Settings” from the menu.
- Next, go ahead and click on “Privacy and Security“.
- In the Privacy and Security page, you will find the “History” option. Click on it.
- You will find the “Cookies” option on this page. Next to it, you will find the “Clear” option. Click on it.
- A warning sign will pop-up. Click on “Clear third-party cookies“.
That’s it. You have successfully cleared the cookies for your active Google account for your Chrome browser.
- Turn On “Prevent Cross-Site Tracking” from the Safari Settings on your iPhone.
- This step prevents third-party content providers from tracking the user across websites to advertise products or services.
- Also, Turn On “Ask Websites not to track” from the same safari settings of your phone.
- Enabling this setting means that every time you visit a website the browser will send a DNT message to the website to request that they do not track the user.
We hope you found this article useful on “How to Remove Cookies on iPhone“.
This article covers all the important methods to clear cookies for all websites and for specific sites as well.
We have also discussed how to clear browsing history and sites all at once and how to block cookies as well, though we don’t recommend it.
If you have any queries related to this topic, then let us know in the comment section below.
We value your feedback!
You can also subscribe to our newsletter for the