Do you love to watch your favorite song or tv series again and again on YouTube? But what about the internet data that you are exhausted by watching one thing repeatedly.
That does limit us at times by watching our most favorite videos again. So this brings us to the topic of the article on “How to Download YouTube Video for Free”.
Yes, you can download YouTube videos absolutely free!
Let’s take a look at some of the advantages we get by downloading YouTube videos.
- The first thing is that downloading Videos from YouTube to watch later on off-line mode is a great way to save up limited data. This happens when we don’t need to play them again and again in online mode.
- The second advantage is that when you cannot access the internet then downloaded videos are the only source of entertainment. And yes, you have access to your downloaded videos anytime and anywhere on your device.
Moreover, is very easy to download a video from YouTube and watch it later. You can do it directly from the website if it allows or you can use the help of third-party applications to get your work done.
But first, let’s take a look at “How to Delete YouTube History from your iPhone“. I’m sure there are times when you want to get rid of your YouTbe history quickly. Before anyone can get a hand on it. So do check out the article above.
Methods to Download YouTube Video for Free
Let’s take a look at YouTube’s Terms of Service:
Before moving ahead towards the methods to download YouTube Video for Free, I would like you to know about YouTube policies.
YouTube clearly states that the content available on YouTube is ” intended for real-time viewing and not intended to be downloaded, copied, stored or redistributed by the user”.
It also states that a user “shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any content from any other purposes without the prior written consent of YouTube or the respective licensors of the Content”.
Now according to YouTube, it is illegal to download videos from its platform with the help of any third-party platform. This is done so that anyone does not reproduce content by copying it. So we do recommend users to make use of these methods as long as you are just using them for your own use, which is only viewing purposes.
YouTube and its creators make money when you watch videos on YouTube online. Advertisements are another source of generating income for YouTubers.
Now that you are aware of YouTube’s Terms of Service lets move ahead and get an overview of the topic.
List of methods to download YouTube videos for free.
In this article, we will discuss all the methods to download YouTube videos on your PC, iPhone and Android devices. Below is an overview of all the methods that are described in detail in this article.
- Download Videos on PC using 4K Video Downloader
- Subscribe to YouTube Premium and download videos for free.
- Download Videos on Android using YouTube Downloader App.
- Download YouTube Videos on iPhone using Documents App.
1. Download Videos on PC Using 4K Video Downloader
The first method in our list is for those users who want to download YouTube videos on their PC.
4K Video Downloader is a great tool to indirectly download Videos from YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo and other popular sites in good quality.
It is available for Windows, Linux, and macOS.
With this application, you can download and watch your favorite videos anytime and anywhere without having access to the
Follow the simple steps below and download your videos for free.
- Download and Install the 4K Video Downloader application from here.
- Go to YouTube, open the video you want to download. Copy the URL of the page.
- Now open the 4K video Downloader application and click on the “Paste Link”. Paste the URL there.
- Select the video quality and click on download.
- After the download is complete you can play the video on offline mode for free.
Wasn’t that easy?
Try this method out and let us know in the comment section below, how it worked for you.
2. Subscribe to YouTube Premium and download Videos for free
The next method on our list is one you must be aware of. YouTube Premium service. This method is legal as it is YouTube’s service, but it is not free. This is a paid service.
YouTube Premium is a paid subscription for streaming of YouTube Videos which are ads free.
Some of the exclusive content is only available in YouTube Premium such as shows and series.
One more add on that YouTube Premium gives is the ease to download content and watch it anytime later.
You can also try it free for the first month.
A YouTube Premium user does not have to use any third party app to download the videos.
But you can only watch these videos on the app itself. You cannot transfer, copy or edit the videos offline. This is done to abide by the privacy conditions of YouTube.
Follow the simple steps below to download the Youtube video.
- Open the app and got to the video you want to download.
- Click on the Download button on the bottom of the player.
- Select the picture quality and confirm.
- Your video will be downloaded.
You can now open the app anytime and play the video from the offline video section. If you are willing to buy the YouTube Premium service, this is really the best option for you. Moreover, you get exclusive content that no one else has access too.
3. Download Videos on Andriod using YouTube Downloader App.
The next method on our list is for those users who use a phone to watch YouTube videos.
People mostly view YouTube on the phone.
Because a phone is a device always available and you can open YouTube and watch videos anytime anywhere on your phone.
Now if you want to watch YouTube videos offline then downloading them with YouTube Downloader App is a great option. This App allows users to download YouTube videos quickly.
Let’s see how it works.
- Download the YouTube Downloader App and install it.
- Open the App and search the video you want to download by typing the name on the search bar. Select the video.
- Choose the format of the file you want and its quality. Always remember higher quality means more space consumption.
- Click on the Download button and wait till the download completes. Open the file from the folder or you can find it in the downloads section of our phone.
Now you have all your downloaded videos on your phone. So go ahead and enjoy them offline.
4. Download YouTube Videos on your iPhone with Documents App.
We have just the right method for iPhone users here. iPhone users can easily download YouTube videos on their device with Documents App.
Documents App as the name suggests is the file manager app for iPhone and iPad users.
It is basically used to view, annotate and open document files on your iPhone.
But you can also use it to download videos from YouTube.
Follow the steps below to download YouTube videos using the Documents App.
- Download and Install the Documents App.
- Go to YouTube App and open the video you want to download.
- Click on the Share icon and copy the link of the video.
- Go back to Documents App and click on the Safari Browser icon located on the bottom of the Home Page.
- Click on savefrom.net and paste the link box.
- Choose your preferred quality from options and click on download. Your video will be downloaded in a few minutes.
These were the various ways through which you can download your favorite YouTube Video for free. We listed all the methods separately for iPhone users, Android users, PC, etc. All the third party-apps listed above are tested and proven to work great at all times. Although there are a ton of other services available, but we suggest the ones listed above according to our research.
We hope you found this content informative.
If you have any questions related to this topic please write back to us through the comment section below.
You can also subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates.
We have a complete guide on “How to Block Someone on YouTube“. You can check it out if you are annoyed by users on YouTube posting inappropriate comments or sending messages to you. We also have another article on “How to Block YouTube Channels and Videos“ if you are fed up with regular suggestions by them on your page, or if you have kids at home and don’t want them to watch stuff not appropriate for them.