Gmail is a free email service from Google allowing users to use up to 15 GB for free per account. It offers its users, to send email up to 25 MB and receive email up to 50 MB in each email.
Creating a new folder or labelling folder in Gmail is a great way to sort emails as per your needs and requirements. Suppose you have tons of clients and to manage them is really hard. If you have sorted the emails then it is easy to
Recommended: 10 Best Gmail Alternatives for Better Security
Gmail offers so many features that attract many potential customers toward itself and also if you have Gmail account, you can access all G Suite products such as Google Drive, Google Photos, Google Calendar, Google Maps, and much more. But in today’s tutorial, we are going to cover about how to create a new folder in Gmail account.
Along with this, we are also going to see how to create a subfolder in Gmail, adding different categories.
How to Make a New Folder in
There are different ways of create a new folder Let us check the easiest one
1. Open Gmail account and login with the credentials.
2. Select the emails from inbox folder you wish to put in
3. Click on Lable as a button and select Create new, give it a name and click CREATE button.
Now your new folder will be shown on the left side. Now if you still need to add subfolders under the new folder created then you have to follow some further steps.
How to Create a Subfolders in Gmail
To assign further your folder emails, we have to create a
1. Open Gmail account.
2. On the left side, click More (drop-down button). Click on Create new label option.
3. Give it a new a subfolder name and below this tick Nest label under, select the folder under which you have to create a subfolder.
4. Click a Create button to confirm.
With these steps, you can easily create a subfolder in Gmail.
How to Create folders in Gmail on Android Phone
Most of the Gmail users use Gmail apps on their Android devices and you can also create a
1. Open Gmail app on your Android device.
2. On the top left, click 3 line icon to add labels.
3. Scroll down, look for LABELS, tap on Create new option.
4. Type the name of new folder you wish to create and click DONE button.
Now your new folder is created and you can add the email to it by tapping and holding an email, navigating to more (3-dot icon)> Change labels> Choose label from the list.
So this was the complete tutorial and we hope you find the information useful and successfully created a new folder in Gmail.
For the latest tech news, tutorials, subscribe to our regular newsletter to stay updated.
You may also like: