Are you annoyed with inappropriate comments appearing on your YouTube videos by the same person frequently? Or is someone stalking you and sending inappropriate messages on YouTube? We have got a quick solution to your problem. In this article, we will share detailed steps on how to block someone on YouTube.
As YouTube allows users to upload, share, view, rate, comment and subscribe to other users it also allows users to report or block someone from your YouTube Channel. This is done so that you can easily block the user and are not bothered by someone who is sending you abusive or harsh messages or posting inappropriate comments on your channel.
Blocking a user means that they can no longer send messages or comment on your videos and your channel. The blocked user cannot even subscribe to your channel anymore. As YouTube is a large platform and has got millions of users it is wise to block them who bother or stalk you continuously.
How to block someone from your YouTube Channel
Follow the steps below to block someone on YouTube.
1. Sign In to YouTube
- Open www.youtube.com and sign in
2. Visit the profile of the
user you want to block
- Click on the user’s name you want to block and open his/her profile. You can click the user’s name from the comments they have posted on your channel or video. You can also click on the user’s name from the messages sent by the user.
- Or the last option is to search the user by the name form the search bar.
- When you click on the name of the user or account the profile will open. Click on “About” section or the users account you want to block.
3. Block user on YouTube
- When you click on the About section a “Flag” icon will appear below it. Click on the “Flag” icon.
- Few drop-down options will appear. Click on “Block user”.
- Confirm by clicking on “Submit” and the user will be blocked from your YouTube Channel.
In this way, you can block someone from your Youtube channel. The user can no longer comment, subscribe or message you on YouTube. If you wish to unblock the user you can follow the same steps and unblock them by visiting their profile and clicking on “About” section and clicking on “Unblock”.
How to block friends on YouTube from the
If you accept the invitation from another person on YouTube then you become friends with that person. Or even if you send and the other person accepts your invitation then both of you become friends on YouTube. Being friends allows users to chat privately and send messages and videos to another user. But what if you are receiving abusive messages from your YouTube friends? The best way is to block them.
Follow the steps below to block friends on YouTube.
- Open YouTube App and Sign in to your account from the upper-right corner of the home screen. Then click on the “Home” icon.
- Click on the “Inbox” option from the bottom of the Home screen.
- A list of friends you have added or accepted invitations will appear under the “Friends” section.
- Click on the name of the friend you want to block or the account icon of the user.
- When the inbox messages open then click on the account icon of the user. Choose “Block” from the bottom of the window that appears.
- Confirm the changes by clicking on “Block”.
You have successfully blocked your friend from sending messages or commenting on your channel or videos.
How to check blocked users on phone?
What if you have blocked a lot of users and want to unblock a
- Sign in to your YouTube account from the top-right corner of the home screen.
- After signing in your profile icon will be visible on the top-right corner. Click on it.
- A new window will appear. Click on “Settings” from the options.
- Scroll down to “History and Privacy” and click on “Blocked Contacts”. A new page will open displaying all the blocked contacts. You can view all the blocked users here in one place.
- Click on the user name you want to unblock. Choose “Unblock” from the options and “Confirm” the changes. In this way, you will be able to unblock the users from YouTube and they can comment, share and subscribe to your YouTube Channel and videos.
How to Block users from Live Chat on the
If you are using YouTube’s live chat feature and are annoyed with other viewer’s comments, you can block those users immediately. Follow the steps below to block other viewers from YouTube’s live chat.
- When you are using YouTube’s live chat feature all the comments from other viewers will appear under the “Top Chat” section located on the right side of the screen, on the computer.
- Take the cursor on the message of the user you want to block. The menu icon will appear. Click on the “Menu” icon.
- As soon as you click on the menu icon a small drop-down screen will appear. Choose “Block” from the screen.
- A window will appear displaying “Block this person?”. Confirm by clicking on “Block” once more.
In this way, you can block a viewer immediately from the Live Chat on YouTube. If you want to do block viewer on phone from live chat the steps are same.
We hope you found this article on “How to block someone on YouTube?” useful. We tried to cover all the aspects including viewing blocked contacts and blocking viewers from the