Are you struggling to share multiple pictures on one Instagram story?
Or multiple pictures and videos as multiple Instagram stories at once?
Or have you recently started to use Instagram and are confused about how to share a single picture as your Instagram story?
We have got the solution for all the above listed issues here!
This article is a complete tutorial on how to add multiple photos to the Instagram story.
We will start by discussing how to add one story first and then move to add more than one photo or video to the story.
Instagram is growing rapidly and is quite popular among users. Which is used for sharing photos and videos among friends, family, and even a larger audience.
But new users often get confused with the “Stories” feature.
Instagram lets users share “Stories” in the form of photos and videos which can be seen by other users for a span of 24 hours.
If the user wants the story to be visible for more then 24 hours then that story can be added to the “Highlights” section of the Home Page.
But before moving forward you may like to check out our guide on “How to Add a Link to Instagram Story“. This will help you to drive traffic from your Instagram account directly to other platforms such as your YouTube Channel, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
Complete Guide to Add Multiple Photos to Instagram Story
Before heading straight to the step by step guide, it is important to be familiar with a few common Instagram terms and features related to Stories.
Instagram stories appear on the top of “Home Page“.
All the users on Instagram have this feature. If you add a story then it will appear on the top-left
If you haven’t added a story then it will show a “+” sign at the same place.
All the stories of the people you follow will appear on the top of the “Home Page” with a colored circle around the profile picture and with there username under the story.
This Article Includes:-
- How to Add a Single Picture or Video to Instagram Story?
- Guide on How to Add Multiple Photos to One Instagram Story?
- How to Add Multiple Instagram Stories at One Time?
- Guide on How to Add Stories at Different time Intervals?
How to Add a Single Picture or Video to Instagram Story?
There are two ways to add a single picture or video as your Instagram Story. We will discuss both, one by one here.
Let’s take a look at them.
- Add Instagram Story using Profile Page.
- Add Instagram Story using Home Page.
Both the ways lead to same result. It is only the matter of choice, which one you feel is easy for you. So we recommend you to go through both and try them out.
Add Instagram Story using Profile Page
- Open the “Instagram App” on your phone.
- Next click on your “Profile Icon” located on the bottom right corner. This will open your “Profile Page“.
- Click on the “+” sign on your profile picture. This “+” sign will only be displayed if you haven’t added any stories in 24 hours.
- On clicking the “+” sign opens the camera. If you want to post a fresh picture then you can click the picture using the capture icon.
- And then click on “Send To” from the bottom right corner of the screen.
- This opens a new window displaying “Share” at the top.
- If you want to share that picture with your Instagram story then click on “Share” in front of your Profile Picture.
- This picture will be posted to your Instagram Story and will be visible to Instagram users for
- If you want to choose any other picture instead of clicking a photo at that time, then you can follow the first two steps first.
- Next on clicking the “+” sign opens the camera.
- Now instead of clicking a photo, you need to click on the bottom-left picture icon to open the
- You can choose any picture or video of your choice and then click on it.
- Follow the fourth point from above to complete posting your picture to your story.
In this way, you can add one photo or video to your Instagram story using your Profile Page. Now let’s see how to do the same thing using your Home Page.
Add Instagram Story using Home Page.
- Launch the “Instagram App” on your phone.
- Click on the “Home Icon” located on the bottom left corner of your Instagram account.
- You will see your profile icon on the top-left corner of the Home Page. And along with it a “+” sign. Click on your profile icon. The camera will open.
- Click a picture or record a video from the camera. Or you can also choose one from Photo Gallery by clicking on the “Photos” icon next to the capture icon.
- Next click on “Send To“.
- Choose “Share” to share your story with your friends.
Now that you have learned how to add a single photo to your Instagram story using both methods. Let’s move ahead to the next step on how to add multiple photos or videos to your Instagram Story.
How to Add Multiple Photos to One Instagram Story?
As you know the basic of how to add a single Instagram story now, this step will be much easier.
Instagram users can add number of pictures to one story on Instagram using this feature. And what’s more fun is that it is super easy too.
And you do not have to use any third party app in this case.
So let’s see how its done!
Follow the steps below to add multiple pictures to one Instagram Story
- Launch the “Instagram App” on your phone.
- Go to your “Home Page” and click on the camera icon above the Stories section.
- Click on the “Photo Library” to open it.
- Choose your first picture by clicking on it.
- Resize the picture by clicking on it with two fingers and dragging it inwards to decrease the size.
- Place it where you want and you can also rotate it.
- Now click on the “Sticker” icon on the top of the Story Settings.
- Click on the “Camera Icon” next.
- Again click on the “Photo Gallery” and choose another picture.
- Resize the picture by repeating above listed steps and place it where to want.
- Repeat these steps till you have all your pictures on your Story.
- Click on “Send To” from the bottom right corner.
- Last click on “Share“.
Your photos have been successfully published as one story using these steps.
Note:– If in case you do not see the Galley feature using Stickers “Camera icon”, go ahead and update your Instagram Account to latest version available.
How to Add Multiple Instagram Stories at One Time?
Do you have more than one picture or video to share?
Or do you want to save some time by sharing multiple pictures and videos at once as multiple
Whatever reason may be, here I have a simple tutorial for you, which will help you out to do that easily.
Earlier we have discussed how to add multiple pictures in one story. The difference between the earlier method and this one is that in this each picture will be displayed as a separate story on Instagram.
Follow the steps to add multiple photos or videos as Multiple Instagram Stories
- Open the “Instagram App” from your Android or iOS device.
- Click on the “Home Page” and Swipe right to open the camera.
Open your “Profile Page” and then click on your “+” icon on your profile picture.
Click on the “Home Page” and then click on “Your Story” located on the top-left corner on your profile picture.
- Choosing any of the options above will launch your camera if you haven’t uploaded any story from the 24 hours.
- Now click on the “Photo Gallery” option from the bottom-left side. It will open all the recently added pictures and videos.
- Click on the “Last 24 Hours” option.
- This will open picture folders and Camera roll and will display all your photos and videos.
- Choose the folder you want to add photos from or if you want to add a mix of different photos then simply choose the “Camera Roll” folder or go back to the opened camera roll photos.
- Now you can click on the multiple photos option icon located on the top-right side of the screen. It turns blue as soon as you click on it.
- Further click on the photos in the sequence you want them to appear in your story.
- This allows you to choose multiple photos and videos at the same time.
- Each item you click will have a number on top in a blue circle according to the number of items selected.
- You can select up to 10 photos/videos at one time.
- You can also deselect any picture or video by tapping on it again and the number on top of the picture will disappear.
- After you have chosen pictures and videos to post then click on “Next” located on the bottom-right corner of the window.
- You can make additional edits to each picture or video by adding stickers, hashtags, etc. Then complete the post by clicking on “Next” once again.
- The “Share” window will open and choose “Share” right next to “Your Story”. Or you can also choose “Close friends Only” to share your story with.
- Once you click on “Share” your story will be live and your followers can view them by clicking on your picture on the story feeds on top of there home page.
In this way you can post multiple photos and videos to your Instagram story.
How to Add Stories at Different time Intervals?
Now that we have covered the
Adding multiple stories on Instagram refers to adding photos and videos at different time intervals. So that they appear in a sequence they have been posted on the story.
This feature gives users the
They do not have to wait for one story to complete its 24 hrs of running time and then add another story to it.
Follow the steps below to add stories on Instagram at different times.
- Launch the “Instagram App” on your mobile device.
- Click on the “Camera Icon” located at the top-left corner of the “Home Page“.
Swipe Right on the “Home Page“.
- Any of the two options will open the “Camera“.
- Now choose one or multiple photos or videos and click on “Next“.
- Continue by adding any stickers or Hashtags, etc you want to add and again click on “Next“.
- Upload your story by clicking on “Share“. In this way, your story will be displayed after the stories already running.
We hope you found this article useful on how to add multiple photos to an Instagram story.
It also includes a short tutorial on how to add multiple stories at different times to Instagram.
If you have any queries related to this topic you can let us know in the comment section below. We would also like to hear which of the methods you found useful to share stories on Instagram.
Your feedback is valuable to us!
You can also subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates.