We all agree that we spend a lot of time these days on YouTube!
Whether it is for entertainment, news or any other information. Videos are the most convenient way for it.
I’m sure that you agree on YouTube being the most popular Video-sharing Website since February 14, 2005. Users view, upload, rate and share videos using this platform.
As users use this website very often to gain knowledge or entertainment, at the same time their activity is also recorded. For instance, the video seen by users appears to be in the history of the user’s account. This can enhance the experience of the user by getting better suggestions and recommendations.
But at the same time, it also breaches the privacy of the user by showing content based on earlier searches.
YouTube makes many options available to users which allows them to delete, pause or clear the search history and allow fresh content on their page.
Because at times when we start typing a keyword many suggestions pop up based on our earlier searches which can be embarrassing at times.
Below we have listed a couple of methods to help you delete YouTube history on iPhone. We have also shared complete steps on how to stop recording your history on YouTube as well.
How to Clear YouTube
History on iPhone (Search & Watch History)
There are many ways you can get rid of your YouTube Watch and Search History. We have listed all of them below. You can choose the best that suits you.
1. Delete Items from your YouTube Watch History and Search History
Let’s get started with the easiest one first!
Following the steps below you can remove some specific search results or specific history from your YouTube search and watch history.
If you have searched for something you don’t want to pop up again then remove it from your search history.
Or let’s say for instance you have watched a video that you don’t want to be suggested when you search for something new. And this happens with all of us. So you are not alone.
You can easily remove it from your watch history so that no one finds out that you watched it. And even more, your recommendations will not show anything similar to that search specifically once you removed it.
Steps to delete items from your YouTube accounts Watch history on iPhone.
2. All items from your watch history will appear. Click on the 3 dots in front of the item you want to delete. Click on “Remove from Watch History”. The item you choose has been removed from your watch history.
Follow the steps below to delete items from your YouTube accounts Search history on iPhone.
1. Open the YouTube app and click on the Search icon on the top right corner of the Home Page.
2. Your search history will appear under the “Search YouTube” bar. Swipe left on the search result you would like to delete. A “Delete” icon will appear, click on it. In this way, your search result for the item will be deleted.
Wasn’t it too easy? And it does not even take more than a few minutes.
So the next time you want to delete a specific search or watch history, you can just follow these steps. Now you will be a pro at it.
Be sure to share this with your friends, so that they can make use of this feature as well. And don’t forget to let us know in the comment section below about it.
2. Clear Complete YouTube Watch History and Search History
Not what if you are fed up with similar YouTube recommendations for a long time?
And adding to it, the frustration caused by a ton of keywords suggestions popping up when you search for something.
You can’t waste your time deleting every single search history of yours, right? Well, although it is possible. But then, when you have some great features for it, there is no need to put labor into it.
But let me make you aware of the drawback to this option. You will no longer have access to your old history instantly. You will have to search the keywords for videos and build your Homepage recommendation from zero.
Now if you are completely fine with that, then go ahead and follow the steps below. This a step-by-step tutorial to delete your YouTube History on iPhone completely.
1. Open the YouTube app and click on your account icon located on the top right corner of the Homepage. Click on “Settings”.
2. Scroll down to “History and Privacy”. Click on “Clear Watch History”. A new small window will pop up. Click again on “Clear Watch History”.
3. After clearing the watch history you can go on to clear the search history. Under the “History and Privacy” same as the above, click on “Clear Search History”. A new window will pop up and again click on “Clear Search History”.
In this way, you will be able to clear all the search and watch history on your YouTube Account. So now you can start with a fresh YouTube account.
If you have tried this function and deleted your entire history, let us know in the comment section if it worked for you. Or would you have preferred to keep your old history?
3. Pause YouTube Watch History and Search History
Another useful feature that YouTube offers is to easily pause YouTube History on iPhone.
You can do this before you type any keyword on the search bar on YouTube or watch a video on YouTube. That you don’t want others to find out any time later.
Follow the quick tutorial below to see how it’s done.
1. Open the YouTube app and click on your account icon in the top right corner of the Home Page.
2. Click on the gear icon “Settings”. Scroll down to “History and Privacy”.
3. Click on “Pause watch history” or “Pause search history” or both as per your requirement. A small window will appear in both cases and confirm with clicking on “Pause”. After this, all your keywords you search and videos you watch will not appear anywhere. You can undo this by repeating the steps above after you have watched your videos.
And this is how easily you can pause your YouTube history on iPhone.
4. Use Incognito Mode on YouTube
Incognito mode is a cool function offered by YouTube!
When you use the Incognito Mode, any of your activities will not be recorded and your search will no longer appear on your YouTube history and search results.
This means that you can invisibly stream content on YouTube without your activity being recorded.
Check out the steps below to go Incognito.
1. Open the YouTube app and click on your Account on the top right corner of the Home Screen.
2. Click “Turn On Incognito”. A small window will appear showing that you have gone incognito. Click on “Got It”. After this, your account image will be changed with the Incognito icon.
5. Manage History
Managing your history can come quite handy when you don’t want to clear one item after another manually or the complete history at one time.
For example, if you have searched for something related to iPhone and you want to delete it, then you can type in your specific item name and delete all the history and searches related to it.
Let’s dive into the step by step guide to make it more easy to understand.
1. Open the YouTube app and click on your account icon located at the top right corner of the Home Screen. Now click on “Settings”.
In this way, all your results relating to your keyword will be deleted.
We hope you found this article useful. You can now finally clear items, delete complete history, pause search and watch history and use incognito with our step by step guide. This guide on how to delete YouTube history on iPhone offers all the detailed steps with pictures to make it easy to follow.
We try our best to explain things in a simple manner. Still, if you have any queries related to the topic please let us know in the comment section below. You can also Subscribe to our Newsletter to get regular updates.